SRED Financing is your firm’s ability to take immediate cash flow and working capital advantage of our SR&ED tax credit claim. This program, (formal name = Scientific Research and Experimental Development) is bar none the best tax incentive program in Canada. Other than being taxable as income the refund you receive from the government is a non repayable grant. What could be better than that?The irony in this great program is simply that almost 70% of companies in Canada that are eligible for the program do not even apply, let alone receive their funds! It clearly is a source of untapped cash flow and working capital for your Canadian business that should be maximized to the hilt.The other 30% of Canadian firms who use the program utilize it around their efforts to develop new products and services, building prototypes, and solving technological challenges.So your Canadian controlled private company utilizes and files SRED filings. Did you know your claim can be financing immediately after you file it, literally the same day. Specialists that work as ‘SR&ED consultants are experts in preparing your claim and in Canada your SRED claim can be prepared at your cost – and you keep all the proceeds of the government grant, or alternatively, your claim can be done on a contingency basis, at no cost to yourself, and the consultant usually keeps anywhere from 10-30% of the total refund received.However most Canadian business owners and their SRED consultants do not know that your claim can be financing, either during the preparation of your claim, (yes, before your file, if you qualify!) or immediately on filing of your claim.Generally with this type of financing you receive immediately approximately 70% of the value of your claim. The other 30% still comes back you of course, but its simply a bit of a buffer to cover financing costs and any risk that a portion of the claim will be disallowed or clawed back.When we think in terms of specialty financing we can categorically state that SRED financing is specialty financing in Canada. We urge clients to locate a business financing advisor who has credibility, experience and background in this area.The SRED financing process is not as complicated as you seem if you are well prepared and have access to good assistance. Its as simply as completing a basic business financing application, ensuring proper back up is in place and valid. That includes info on your company, the SRED claim itself, your previous SRED claims if you have filed previously etc.The reality is that SRED financing can be completed within 2-3 weeks of starting the process. The beauty of this type of financing is that no payments are made on the SRED loan. In effect you can say that you have factored or discounted the SRED claim. You are simply waiting for your cheque from Ottawa, and are making use of the working capital and cash flow now. That’s a solid interim financing strategy for many firms, and that cash can be used for reduction of payables, investments in new equipment, additional staff, etc. The bottom line = any general worthwhile corporate purpose.In summary, of course ensure you are taking advantage of Canada’s Sr&Ed program. Once that is the case you have the option of financing your claim, allowing you to maximize the true benefits of the program, i.e. the recovery of your R&D expenses in the most time efficient manner possible. That’s a solid financial strategy.
SRED Financing – SR&ED Finance Loans in Canada
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged abc finance, alan kohler finance report, basic finance, business and finance, finance, finance basics, finance books, finance comics, finance degree, finance kya hai, finance major, finance meaning, finance news, finance report, finance stock, finance update, future of finance, kohler finance, learn finance, personal finance, public finance, study finance, types of finance, what is finance, yahoo finance. Bookmark the permalink.